Thursday, April 12, 2007

No Pain, no gain

I just couldn't do it.

I can so far say that only 4 seedlings have died in the making of this blog.

They were unfortunately crushed to death. The others have all been potted up. (Handling them was awful- like when you are trying to move a really delicate bug & you end up killing it..)

As back-up, I have started a few more, sans speed-germination this time. (remember that grade-school science project of seeing how seeds grow in a jar with water & paper towel? That's what it is.)

I also started my Morning Glories. Last year the direct-sow in the planter didn't work 'sew' well-(lol), and I was also guilty of being late, due to my crazy schedule at the time! And yes, the heat is down.

The good thing is that the Tiny Toms (OSC) & Aurora Hot Peppers (from the Cottage Gardener) are doing quite well, albeit a tad crowded. You can see them there. (sorry for the chairs- I'm tossing them this year..unless you want them?)





Oh & I should also do a bit more of a plant rundown:

Dill- osc Seeds
Basil- also OSC
Purple Tomatillos (Urban Harvest)
Bok Choi- (Hope Seeds)
(I'm only recently getting into local & organic seeds)



tomorrows topic- cats & balconies!

No comments: